In today’s world, many people are concerned about their diets and their lifestyle. It is a good idea to become a vegetarian, to give up meat or to add supplement to your diet. However, it is very important to make sure that you get the necessary amount of nutrients your body needs in order to have a good performance every day. Talking about proteins, a person weighing about 100 pounds will need about 100 grams of proteins daily for preserving their muscles. Let’s take a look at these 5 ways to get more protein in your diet:
- Greek yogurt is known for its high amount of proteins, pro biotic and Calcium. A cup of Greek yogurt has around 20 grams of proteins and it makes a great snack in between meals.
- Replace your regular side dishes made of potatoes or rice. Choose quinoa which is rich in fibers and proteins also It has about 5 grams of protein per serving. In the same time, lentils have about 18 grams of proteins per cup. Edamame are a great appetizer usually served in Japanese restaurants and it has about 16 grams of proteins per cup. Here you can also include broccoli and asparagus.
- Go for seafood whenever you have the chance! It is tasty, it is healthy and it contains a lot of proteins! For example: – 100 grams of boiled lobster contains 20 grams of proteins; – 150 grams of boiled crab contains also 20 grams of proteins; – 10 steamed scallops have as much as 23 grams of proteins just like a tuna can
- Use protein powder. It comes in many flavors and it has many bases: whey, hemp, soy, brown rice, pea etc. You can make it a part of your daily smoothie or you can even add it to your regular flour while baking something tasty. Researchers state that eating proteins shortly after your daily work-out it prevents you to feel sore. For a quick and easy way to get more protein, grab your quest bar coupon from here.
- Choose seeds as a snack. Whether they are sunflower, pumpkin, pomegranate, apricot, hemp, flax or sesame, seeds are nature’s gift to us. They contain more proteins than any vegetables when eaten raw. You can have them as a snack or you can include them in your salads. When you eat them as a snack, you can have them as they are or you can soak them in water. Chia seeds are known for being gluten-free and for having a large amount of Calcium and Vitamin C. On the other hand, hemp seeds are a great source of Omega 3 and 6.
- If you’re looking for shortcuts to help you along with loosing weight check-out the DPR (dietpillresource.com).